SkyStock is a online marketplace for drone operators and aerial photographers to sell their stock photos and videos. We offer an intuitive, location-based search platform and market-leading commissions for contributors.
SkyStock is growing and looking to add to our development team. Initially, you will be tasked to work on a small project alongside our current development team, with plenty of ongoing work available for the right person.
The SkyStock platform is built on top of WordPress and Easy Digital Downloads. Our custom theme and plugins extend the core functionality of EDD to provide key platform features such as location-based search, contributor uploads and admin management.
On the backend, you will work with a modern WordPress stack based on Roots.io products including Bedrock and Sage using technologies such as Composer and Blade. For the frontend, we use Vue.js and Bootstrap 4.
- Strong web development skills (HTML / CSS / JS)
- Comprehensive understanding of WordPress (Custom Posts / Meta Queries / ACF)
- Experience building custom WordPress plugins (Working with hooks & filters etc)
- Familiarity with modern PHP development (PHP 7 / Composer etc)
- Experience with Vue.js and modern frontend JS development
- Google Maps API
- Laravel (Blade / Service Providers / Mix etc)
- AWS (S3 / EC2 / Containers)
- Experience or an interest in drones and aviation would be a great asset.
- Australian-based applicants will be viewed very favourably, however the position can be completed remotely.
Email through a CV and brief introduction email to CEO Tom Watson at [email protected]. Please direct any questions to Tom and leave a phone number if you would like to have a talk about the position.
Operator Search Launched
How is SkyStock different to other operator searches: – Free to list and use. No monthly fees or commissions. – Direct contact with customers. – Focusses on local operators via a map-based search. – Utilises your stock portfolio to showcase your skills. – Avoid the race to the bottom, with customers only able to contact one operator … More
SkyStock.net Relaunch Competition – Winners
With a $4,000 prize pool it came down to 5 entries out of over 10,000 to battle it out for the $1,000 Grand Prize. Congratulations everyone who entered, there were so many great entries and was very difficult to narrow them down by our guest judges. Interested in being a part of SkyStock? Become a SkyStock Contributor today The SkyStock.net Relaunch … More
Runner Up – Launch FNQ Incubator
SkyStock was chosen as 1 of 10 start-ups to be a part of the 2020 Launch FNQ Incubator Program. This involved weekly cohort and education sessions, including a 1-on-1 with Peter Laurie, held over 8 weeks. The program culminated in a Pitch Night where SkyStock was fortunate enough to be judged as runner-up finalist. SkyStock thanks Peter and the … More