Don’t despair if your images are rejected. We will work with you to improve your imagery. SkyStock aims to offer clients high-quality resolution images and currently, photos will be rejected for:
- Format: JPG/JPEG and PNG.
- Location: This is by far the biggest reason for photo rejection. Please ensure an accurate location of where your image was taken from. Most cameras have location information stored in the photo, so when editing please leave this in there and our system will automatically detect it. If you manually submit a location please ensure it is accurate. If your images are declined for location information you can resubmit. Go to the Photos tab on your Dashboard and under Actions click edit.
- Resolution: Images must be of high resolution which is currently set at a minimum of 3,000 pixels on the longest side. Smaller images will be automatically rejected during the upload process. Maximum resolution is currently set at 32,000 pixels. If you have photos greater than this size please contact us.
- Size: 64mb upload maximum. Larger images will be automatically rejected during the upload process.
- Lighting/Colour: Over/underexposed photos meaning the photo or parts of a photo is too bright/dark can lead to rejection. One of the main culprits here is white objects such as boats or houses that are too bright. In regards to colour, editing is allowed however don’t go too crazy with the colours. Please don’t upload dull raw images expecting customers to do their own editing. Our goal is to provide ready to use images.
- Not Aerial: Our platform is for aerial images only which can be taken from a variety of sources. If your image is not taken from the air, or it is very low to the ground it can be rejected.
- Watermark: During the upload process we watermark your image. Once customers purchase an image then they will be sent a copy without the watermark.
- Horizon: Try and keep the horizon as straight as possible.
- Too Similar: While a number of photos in a certain area are acceptable please ensure that there are some changes between images uploaded. If photos show limited changes then a number will be rejected, keeping just the images which show a difference.
- Aircraft: If shooting from an aircraft please remove or crop any aircraft parts such as wings, wheels etc.
- Other: We will write a manual reason here.
Keep an eye on this blog and our social media pages as we will be posting tips for improving the quality of your images. Note that our parts of our system are automated and may accidentally disapprove a photo. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the approval process.
Operator Search Launched
How is SkyStock different to other operator searches: – Free to list and use. No monthly fees or commissions. – Direct contact with customers. – Focusses on local operators via a map-based search. – Utilises your stock portfolio to showcase your skills. – Avoid the race to the bottom, with customers only able to contact one operator … More
Join our Thermal Drone Operator database
After the feedback from our expression of interest we are now accepting thermal drone operators into our database. This is for a client who received over 1,000 requests to find lost pets in 2020, and if we can put together a solid database of operators then drones will become a bigger part of their nationwide operation. The jobs will … More
Don’t despair if your videos are rejected. We will work with you to improve your video submissions. SkyStock aims to offer clients high-quality resolution videos and currently, videos will be rejected for: Location: This is by far the biggest reason for video rejection. Please ensure an accurate location of where your video was taken from. … More