Don’t despair if your images are rejected. We will work with you to improve your imagery. SkyStock aims to offer clients high-quality resolution images and currently, photos will be rejected for:
- Location: This is by far the biggest reason for photo rejection. Please ensure an accurate location of where your image was taken from. Most cameras have location information stored in the photo, so when editing please leave this in there and our system will automatically detect it. If you manually submit a location please ensure it is accurate. If your images are declined for location information you can resubmit. Go to the Photos tab on your Dashboard and under Actions click edit.
- Resolution: Images must be of high resolution which is currently set at a minimum of 3,000 pixels on the longest side. Smaller images will be automatically rejected during the upload process. Maximum resolution is currently set at 32,000 pixels. If you have photos greater than this size please contact us.
- Size: 64mb upload maximum. Larger images will be automatically rejected during the upload process.
- Lighting/Colour: Over/underexposed photos meaning the photo or parts of a photo is too bright/dark can lead to rejection. One of the main culprits here is white objects such as boats or houses that are too bright. In regards to colour, editing is allowed however don’t go too crazy with the colours. Please don’t upload dull raw images expecting customers to do their own editing. Our goal is to provide ready to use images.
- Not Aerial: Our platform is for aerial images only which can be taken from a variety of sources. If your image is not taken from the air, or it is very low to the ground it can be rejected.
- Watermark: During the upload process we watermark your image. Once customers purchase an image then they will be sent a copy without the watermark.
- Horizon: Try and keep the horizon as straight as possible.
- Too Similar: While a number of photos in a certain area are acceptable please ensure that there are some changes between images uploaded. If photos show limited changes then a number will be rejected, keeping just the images which show a difference.
- Aircraft: If shooting from an aircraft please remove or crop any aircraft parts such as wings, wheels etc.
- Other: We will write a manual reason here.
Keep an eye on this blog and our social media pages as we will be posting tips for improving the quality of your images. Note that our parts of our system are automated and may accidentally disapprove a photo. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the approval process.
We set up SkyStock due to the disgustingly poor commission rates we were receiving from some of the major players in the industry. We once received a commission of $0.25 and immediately removed our photos for sale. Our goal of SkyStock was to provide a better platform where we are able to find a happy … More
Don’t despair if your images are rejected. We will work with you to improve your imagery. SkyStock aims to offer clients high-quality resolution images and currently, photos will be rejected for: Location: This is by far the biggest reason for photo rejection. Please ensure an accurate location of where your image was taken from. Most … More
We have improved and automated the new upload process to make it easier on contributors. You can upload content via your Dashboard. One of the major improvements is a single step upload process. As long as your photo meets the requirements, and has location exif data in the file, once you upload there will be nothing else … More