SkyStock was chosen as 1 of 10 start-ups to be a part of the 2020 Launch FNQ Incubator Program. This involved weekly cohort and education sessions, including a 1-on-1 with Peter Laurie, held over 8 weeks. The program culminated in a Pitch Night where SkyStock was fortunate enough to be judged as runner-up finalist. SkyStock thanks Peter and the Launch FNQ team for their great program.
A brief history of SkyStock and its immediate future:
- MVP launched in 2017 with just 1 single contributor.
- Quickly grew to 300 contributors and 5,000 images.
- MVP saw sales success with customers in a range of industries including government, marketing, media, tourism and real estate.
- MVPs growth was its downfall and the platform was bogged down with too much data.
- Relaunched new platform for contributors in mid-2020 with infinitely scalable Amazon infrastructure.
- Ambitious goal to double contributor and content numbers by the end of 2020; was successful with over 650 contributors and 16,500 images on the platform!
- 2021 will see the launch of video uploads and an operator search.
- Q2-2021, the new platform will be publicly relaunched to customers.
The program has taught us to have an open mind and network with as many people as possible. So, if you are interested in investing, mentoring or just having a chat, feel free to contact us today.
Dr Catherine Ball – World of Drones & Robotics Congress
Catherine is a Scientific Futurist, Tech Influencer, Author, Champion of Diversity, Drone Expert and Associate Professor. She is also Co-Creator of the World of Drones & Robotics Congress held annually in Brisbane. SkyStock (SS): You have quite a list of titles. When people ask you what you do, how do you summarise it? Catherine: I … More
Operator Search Launched
How is SkyStock different to other operator searches: – Free to list and use. No monthly fees or commissions. – Direct contact with customers. – Focusses on local operators via a map-based search. – Utilises your stock portfolio to showcase your skills. – Avoid the race to the bottom, with customers only able to contact one operator … More
SkyStock.net Relaunch Competition – Winners
With a $4,000 prize pool it came down to 5 entries out of over 10,000 to battle it out for the $1,000 Grand Prize. Congratulations everyone who entered, there were so many great entries and was very difficult to narrow them down by our guest judges. Interested in being a part of SkyStock? Become a SkyStock Contributor today The SkyStock.net Relaunch … More