SkyStock was chosen as 1 of 10 start-ups to be a part of the 2020 Launch FNQ Incubator Program. This involved weekly cohort and education sessions, including a 1-on-1 with Peter Laurie, held over 8 weeks. The program culminated in a Pitch Night where SkyStock was fortunate enough to be judged as runner-up finalist. SkyStock thanks Peter and the Launch FNQ team for their great program.
A brief history of SkyStock and its immediate future:
- MVP launched in 2017 with just 1 single contributor.
- Quickly grew to 300 contributors and 5,000 images.
- MVP saw sales success with customers in a range of industries including government, marketing, media, tourism and real estate.
- MVPs growth was its downfall and the platform was bogged down with too much data.
- Relaunched new platform for contributors in mid-2020 with infinitely scalable Amazon infrastructure.
- Ambitious goal to double contributor and content numbers by the end of 2020; was successful with over 650 contributors and 16,500 images on the platform!
- 2021 will see the launch of video uploads and an operator search.
- Q2-2021, the new platform will be publicly relaunched to customers.
The program has taught us to have an open mind and network with as many people as possible. So, if you are interested in investing, mentoring or just having a chat, feel free to contact us today.
Sorry for the delay
The team at SkyStock would like to apologise to you, our contributors on the delays we have been having building up the platform. In short we want to say thanks for sticking with us, and that we are finally moving in the right direction. Back story Our original platform crashed back in 2018 due to … More
Subscribe & Save
Are you are looking to buy images and videos regularly? Check out our subscription options to save you $$$. Need a custom package? Contact us Not sure about our service? View our great reviews on Google and Facebook .
Richard Steele – James Bond Operator
Well, it doesn’t get much cooler than this. With the 25th Bond film – No Time Die being released this month, we chatted to the Richard Steele, the drone operator who was a part of the filming. SkyStock (SS): How did you get into drones? Richard: I started flying RC helicopters over 10 years ago, … More