So you have purchased your drone. Anything else you need to buy? We surveyed drone operators to see what accessories they had purchased.
- Batteries were the favourite accessory and for obvious reasons. The more batteries you have the longer you can fly.
- A carry case or bag is also an important purchase to help look after your expensive drone.
- Spare propellers were the third favourite on the list. Propellers are what keep your drone in the air and should be replaced if showing signs of wear.
- ND and other filters are a useful addition for those wanting to to enhance the quality of their photos and videos.
- Insurance unsurprisingly lists fairly high. Many people crash drones especially if you are new so make sure you have something in place. DJI Care Refresh is well worth the extra cost.
From here on the accessories ranged and are depend on your situation.
- A car charger is useful if you travel a lot, while a tablet holder is great if you would like to use a bigger screen.
- Sun hoods can help in bright locations, while lens cleaners can make sure all smudges are dirt are off your camera.
- Landing mats are useful in certain take off locations, while a smart controller is a great all in one package for those with a greater budget.
- Propeller guards are a great safety tool, and it’s always handy to have some extra cables on hand.
- Finally colour skins can add some bling to your drone!
Whats your favourite accessory? Let us know in the comments below.
SkyStock is built by Aerial Photographers for Aerial Photographers!
Be listed for jobs and sell your photos/videos for market leading commission rates. Free to join!
Top 5 accessories for your drone
So you have purchased your drone. Anything else you need to buy? We surveyed drone operators to see what accessories they had purchased. Batteries were the favourite accessory and for obvious reasons. The more batteries you have the longer you can fly. A carry case or bag is also an important purchase to help look … More
What Video Editing Software should I use?
Have a collection of video clips? Well firstly you should upload the individual clips to SkyStock and then its time to edit them together to make an awesome video. What software should you use? We asked a group of drone photographers and their answers were: Adobe Premier Pro came out on top, but for those looking … More
What Photo Editing Software should I use?
Once you start becoming comfortable with your camera, one of the next steps is to get into photo editing. The question is which one? We asked a group of drone photographers and this is how they responded: Overwhelming the response was for the Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop products. If you are interested in giving Lightroom … More